This information is intended to help the public understand what records and information can be obtained through this police agency. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania dictates what can be obtained. Their website provides exact information as listed below. Please also see our procedure listed below.
Pennsylvania Right to Know Web Site: http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/right_to_know/5363
Please Note: Under the Right-to-Know Law, investigative reports are exempted from the definition of a “public-record”, therefore, any and all such requests will be denied.
PROCEDURES: All requests for public records must be in writing and signed by the requestor. The request should be on the universal form by the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records. The request should identify or describe the public records sought with sufficient information to enable the Open-Records Compliance Officer to ascertain which records are being requested and shall include a name and address to which the police department should address the response. The Southwestern Regional Police will not accept oral or anonymous requests for open records.
- The Southwestern Regional Police Department’s Administrator shall serve as the Open-Record Compliance Officer.
- All requests for public records shall be requested as follows:
Southwestern Regional Police Department
ATTN: Open-Records Compliance Officer
6115 Thoman Dr.
Spring Grove, PA 17362
By facsimile - (717)-225-0635
In Person – Southwestern Regional’s regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for holidays or other official office closings.
If a written request for public records is granted, fees will be assessed in accordance with the fee schedule allowed by Pennsylvania’s Office of Open Records.
- Fees will not be charged for requests totaling less than 4 photocopies.
- Postage costs will be charged at actual postage rates.
- Fees must be paid in full prior to the public record being released.
- If in the opinion of the Open-Records Compliance Officer the total fees will exceed $100.00, the requestor will receive written estimate of such and no duplication shall occur until pre-payment of the estimate is received by the Southwestern Regional Police Department.
- All fees shall be paid by cash, check or money order made payable to the “Southwestern Regional Police Department”.
- “Photocopy” shall be defined as either a single sided copy or one side of a double sided copy of a standard 8.5” x 11” pages
- Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the Police Administrator at (717) 225-1333 option 102.